A blog detailing my recovery from Patella Tendonopathy (tendonitis/tendonosis) and my experience with PRP Injection

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Day 3

There is a bit of swelling around the front of the knee. Feels like a bit of fluid surrounding the tendon. The knee isn't too painful, its more of a tender stiffness. And there is no discoloration. I'm not going to upload a pic as the knee looks pretty much the same as it did in Day 1.

I haven't attempted any form of exercise as the tendon stills feels quite weak. I'm going to give it a full week before I try some swimming.

I also went for a B12 shot yesterday as this is said to help in tendon healing and the formation of new collagen. I had one couple of a few weeks in order to build up my immune system for winter and I noticed that my tendonosis felt a bit better a few days after the shot.

I am currently taking MSM, Glucosamine, Chondroitin, Fish Liver Oil and Vitamin C supplements. My thinking is to give my body all the building blocks it needs to effectively heal the tendon.
If it worked for Rafa, it should work for me. 



No comments:

Post a Comment