A blog detailing my recovery from Patella Tendonopathy (tendonitis/tendonosis) and my experience with PRP Injection

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Month 4

The healing seems to have plateaued. There are definitely more good days than bad, and the pain seems to shift from one knee to the other. Still not at a level of running of where I want to be, but I seem to be making progress. According to studies the platelets are still active in both tendons, so there should still be some degree of healing still taking place, even 4 months after the initial PRP Injection. 

I have continued taking the following supplements daily:

  • MSM (I feel this is helping the most)
  • Fish Liver Oil (good at keeping the inflammation down)
  • Chondroitin
  • Glucosamine
  • Knee supplement that has all of the above including:
    • Flax seed oil
    • Boron
    • Manganese
    • Collagen Type II (2)
    • Mangosteen Extract
    • Vit C
    • Vit E
    • Vit B1
    • Vit B2
    • Vit B6
    • Vit B12
    • Pantothenic Acid
    • Zinc
    • Selenium
    • Silicon
  • Multi-vitamin


I have been doing foam rolling on my quads, calves, glutes and ITB for 10 mins every night before bed as well as stretching.

I have also been stretching these areas of my body.

Progress is slow. Whenever the knees feel good I attempt a run and seem to take a step backwards. I believe the key is patience and consistency

How have you found your PRP Injection experience? Has it helped you? What rehab protocol are you following? What has and hasn't worked for you? Do you think I should go for another shot? I am get lots of support and positive feedback and I would love to hear from you and hear about your experiences...

6 comments:

  1. I tore my patella in the left knee, and had tendonitis in the left...

    I got 5 shots in the left over 8 month span, and only one in the right..

    They seemed to help a lot! I also squat pretty heavy and don't give myself much rest.

    hammer92@att.net if you have any other q's

    goodluck

    -Dan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I just received a PRP injection for patellar tendonitis two weeks ago. Just wondering what you are experiencing now that it has been over a year. I am curious as to what the long term affects are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    Considering PRP for my tendonitis and curious as to see how you are travelling another year down the track.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! Great blog :) how are you feeling now??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting!! I never considered it that way. I came across this site as of late which I suppose it will be an incredible utilization of new plans and informations.
    PRP Hair Restoration

    ReplyDelete